Sunday, October 4, 2009

1 Card 3 Challenges

This card is for MyGrafico challenge #18 who is joining Tuesday Morning Sketches #13, and also for Softpencil over at PCP whose challenge is to simply make a card for someone special.

So here is my card, based on the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches and MyGrafico for someone special:


I really liked the sketch and will probably include it in my book of sketches that I turn to when I need inspiration. The paper is from the Wild Asparagus pack that I got a year or two ago, distressed and inked with Ranger Tea distress ink. The sentiment stamp is from a Hero Arts acrylic set I recently got at Michaels.
Now, I don't know if you can tell, but I made a hole all the way through the card, trimmed it with a scallop, and placed the owl on the rim. So if you look closely, you can see through the card. I really like the way it looks IRL. BTW, the owl is a freebie from Dustin Pike colored with my Bic Marks it markers. The eyes and feet also include glaze...not a single pop-dot on this one!

5 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

So darn cute! That owl is awesome!!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Unknown said...

soooo cute, thanks for playing with us over at MyGrafico ;)

de said...

This is sooo cute! I love what you did to the owl and the colors are so fall like!

Elizabeth P said...

I looooove your card Lola! the owl is so cute, the papers and your distressing are beautiful and the hole... it´s a great work! your hubby will be very glad to receive it ;)

Thanks a lot to play with us on Softpencil Challenges!!!

Kerry said...

The owl is too too cute!!! A great creation for your DH and the sentiment is so perfect.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin