Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Sunday, March 28, 2010
This is the thank you card I made for my Auntie last night in appreciation for all her hard work - and enchiladas! :
The cute skunk is from MyGrafico colored with copics, the sentiment is Stampin' Ups Short & Sweet, the DP is Paper Studio's Pink Armadillo. Plenty of 3D dots have been added as well as 3 little blings.
This card also meets the following challenges:
Thursday, March 25, 2010
This was perfect for me since I have been wanting to make these little baskets for Bean's teachers. The tutorial for these are at Splitcoaststampers and were super easy!
The Character Cafe, colored with copics. I don't have the candy Easter eggs to go along with the pics, but I know once they're in, they are going to look fab!
So join us this week at The Character Cafe for a great challenge. Our PRIZE this week is Fairy Jocelyn and Hoppy Frog images as well as a $5.00 Gift Certificate for The Cafe Store, a Winner's Blog Badge, and your blog featured in the Winner's Section of the Store.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
First of all, can you believe this little guy is a FREEBIE? Well, he is! I colored him with Bics and cut with my nesties. With his little shaggy look, I thought scuffing up all my edges was fitting.
This card meets the following challenges:
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
So play along with us this week at the AiFactory Challenge Blog for a chance to win a free digistamp from the AiFactory Store. Don't forget to visit the rest of the DT for further inspiration: Erin Cheri Penny Monica Fliss Fink Laurie Carole Carlie Kerry Angie Jodi S
This one uses Splitcoaststampers SC13. The papers are MME Magnolia, the sentiment is a $1 acrylic from Michael's, and I did a little shading with my chalk inks.
This diecut was much easier than the rest since it has nice, easy cuts. All the same papers and inks. The layout is SC66.
I haven't completed the holder/box just yet. I'm a little "stuck" on how to embellish it. I guess I'll go out into blogland for a little inspiration!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
I'm using my current fav paper pack MME Magnolia. This is one of the first packs I bought a LONG time ago and I use it, put it away, and rediscover it again. This layout is Splitcoaststampers SC80. I used my chalk inks for the shading.
The HK Cricut cart is filled with adorable cuts, BUT if your kitties are too small, it makes it really difficult to piece together. With all the details in the kitties, you really want to go with a larger cut, but the accessories seem to cut great at all sizes.
I just LOVE the jacket! This layout is Splitcoaststampers SC76. I used my copics to add a little shading. These are left without sentiments on purpose to be used for any occasion. This will ultimately be a set of four cards in a box...hopefully it will done in time for Easter.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Well, that's what I'm calling her. When I first saw her, I thought she was just perfect. I got her (and a couple others) from MyGrafico and I couldn't decide if she was sad or shy...and I know the "word on the street" these days is "Emo." So she's my Emo girl.
Details: PTI white and kraft, MyGrafico digistamp, copics, oval nesties (just got these!), two different border punches, ribbon.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
I wanted to put together a little something for the kids, and the girls are easy...but what about boys? So I thought this little guy was perfect!
The Character Cafe Blog this week, Deanne has set the challenge:
Here's what I did: I opened my image in Paint, filled in the areas using the paint bucket in coordinating colors, saved. I then opened Word, opened and sized my image. I set my printer settings to "iron on transfer" which automatically flips the image, and printed on my transfer sheet. Then just folow the directions on the iron-on packaging. Why is he backwards? Because I didn't read the instructions first that tell you NOT to flip the image. Oh well.
So this is for Rhys, and I hope to post the girls' gifts next week. This also meets the following challenge: All Sorts Challenge - #42 Just For Men
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Yes, you read correctly - clear. So join us by creating something simple with a clear component!
This week the DT is working with a beautiful set of flowers. I am using the Mariposa. LOL! Do you get it? Mariposa is Spanish for butterfly! That's why I just HAD to use my new butterfly punch. So I "stamped" my digistamp 3 times in different sizes and colored with Bics and copics.
For my clear element, I punched my butterflies from acetate (transparency) and sponged with blue Ranger alcohol ink. I bent the wings up a bit and adhered with tacky glue (LOVE the tacky).
So come play along with this us by creating something wonderful using something clear!
This card meets the following challenges:
- Cupcake Craft Challenges - #81 Flower Power
- Cardpatterns - layout #54
- Pile It On - The One You Must - one color and a neutral
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
I recently got this image at TCC and was dying to use it. I printed it and colored it with Ranger Inks (using q-tips). This technique can make an image look really "soft."